Here at Mckinley Residential we take your privacy very seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the services you have requested from us.
- How we collect information from you;
- From your application for accommodation
- From completed forms and communication.
We collect the following information about you;
- Tenant name, e-mail address, telephone number, address (including any previous addresses), nationality, study/university details, ID – Identity documents, bank details, next of kin.
- Guarantor name, e-mail address, telephone number, address, marital status, nationality, ID Identity document and utility/billing details, employment details and salary, credit history.
- Property address; term, rent, deposit, utility and service responsibilities.
- Any welfare benefits that you may be eligible for or are currently on
- Lawful basis for collecting this information about you and how it will be used;
We may process your data based on one of three main legal grounds: (1) Our legal obligation; (2) any contract between you and us; and (3) our legitimate interests.
It is used;
- To enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested.
- To help you to manage your tenancy.
- To carry out due diligence on any prospective tenant/guarantor, including whether there are any money judgements against them, or any history of bankruptcy or insolvency.
- To comply with a legal requirement. For instance, processing of identification and certain immigration information in order to comply with Right to Rent legislation.
- To undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you.
- To analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and the services we offer.
- For all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information/ Third Parties
We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- To carry out due diligence on you as a prospective tenant/ guarantor, including but not limited to the carrying out of credit/reference checks, and the obtaining of references from relevant parties, whose data you have provided.
- In the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information will be disclosed to the relevant local authority, tenancy deposit scheme administrator, service/utility provider, facilities manager or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this.
- In the management of your tenancy, your information may be disclosed to relevant contractors regarding maintenance works or service/utility providers for access.
- If you are unable to make payments under your tenancy, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a tenant.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
- How long we will keep your information
We will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information for specific periods, in most cases it is for up to 7 years after the expiry of the tenancy agreement.)
- Your Rights
You have the right at any time to:
- Ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in my records.
- Require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
- Make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold. This right is not absolute and depends on the lawful basis for processing/holding your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at email@example.com.
The accuracy of your information is important to us – please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your contact number, email address and other details.